There are many questions that come along with concrete polishing. We have taken the time below to answer some of the most commonly asked questions. This industry knowledge is just a small part of what makes us the top North Carolina concrete polishing company.
- Can you polish any concrete? Almost but there are a few that can’t. Concrete that is too soft will crumble during the polishing process and it won’t have a slick finish. This type of floor doesn’t occur very often and in most cases can be detected prior to polishing.
- Can you use a grinder to polish concrete? Hand grinders are used only in small areas with the correct grit polishing pads for it to be successful.
- How do I make concrete look polished? By using a professional North Carolina concrete polishing company.
- How much does it cost to polish concrete? Pricing is based on the condition of the concrete, coatings to be removed, how open the area is, how much detailing with edgers and hand grinders that are time-consuming which increases costs, level of gloss desired, and exposure of aggregate. The specifications for each project are determined and approved by the customer prior to project start.
- How do you make concrete look shiny? The higher the grit used doing the polishing process translates into a higher gloss level shine.
- How can I make my concrete floor shine? A permanent solution is by mechanically polishing the concrete floor. A temporary solution is to deep clean and applies sealer.
- Is concrete polishing expensive?www.concretenetwork.com is a great source for all topics of polished concrete floors. For this question see the Polished Concrete Cost header and also Polished concrete versus other floor materials. This website is a great resource for our blogs with accurate and current information.
- Is concrete polishing good for bathrooms? Yes if the proper sealers are used to protect the concrete from the effects of using stringent cleaners.
- Can you polish concrete floors yourself? We strongly recommend against it due to the years of knowledge and experience it requires to learn the trade.
These are the top questions asked when looking into whether or not concrete polishing is right for your floors. We hope we were able to answer all of your questions here, but if not, please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
Comments are closed.